Dear Parents and Students,
OVBS 2017 is coming soon your way and commences on 5th July 2017 (Wed). For all those who have not yet registered please come by 8.30am to complete registration and payment on the first day of OVBS.
Reminding you all that from today onwards you can donate towards OVBS 2017 through online transaction as well.
The Registration fee of $10.00 and donations can be paid through online bank transaction with the title “OVBS 2017” to the following account:
Account Name: ST George Indian Orthodox Church
BSB No: 014279
Cheque account – A/C No: 905695265
Everyone is requested to assemble by 8.45am to commence the Inauguration and Opening ceremony at 9.00am on WED 5th July.
Below are some important points to remember for the coming OVBS days:
- Children, Teachers & Volunteers the dress colour theme for this year’s OVBS is
- DAY 1 – 5th July – BLUE
- DAY 2 – 6th July – GREEN
- DAY 3 – 7th July – RED
- DAY 4 – 8th July – WHITE (Shirt/top) & BLACK /WHITE (Pants/Skirts)
- Teachers and volunteers are requested to by present by 8.15am to help set up.
- Requesting all parents to encourage kids to donate towards Rosie’s from the list provided in earlier email and drop in Rosie’s Donation Box. Please make them feel proud of their act towards humanity.
- On 7th July 2017 – OVBS Day 3 – It’s Love Feast Day [Agape]– which means that children are requested to bring food to share as lunch with all.
- Requesting Students to bring accessories like Pencils, Pen, Colour Pencils etc. for all 3 OVBS Days.
- Requesting Volunteers and Teachers to bring accessories like Scissors, Hole Punchers, Staplers etc. that will be helpful for craft.
- As part of OVBS 2017, we request all Kids and Teachers to come forward and receive the HOLY COMMUNION on 8th July 2017. Arrangements can be made with Achen to receive HOOSOYO (Absolution) during OVBS days (week days).
- Please be reminded that Achen will provide a class to Senior Students on 3rdDay of OVBS 2017 in preparation to receive Holy Communion on Valedictory Function Day. Please ensure your child attends and makes use of the valuable session.
OVBS Convenors – Rachel Vinu and Veena Boby.
07/06/17 (Wednesday): Convention Day 106.30 pm Gospel AddressSpeaker Rev. Fr. Zachariah NinanVenue: 481 Broadwater Road, MansfieldSongs by Church Choir08/06/17 (Thursday): Convention Day 206.30 pm Gospel AddressSpeaker Fr. Zachariah NinanVenue: 481 Broadwater Road, MansfieldSongs by Church Choir09/06/17 (Friday): Convention Day 305.30 pm Gospel AddressSpeaker Rev. Fr. Zachariah NinanVenue: 481 Broadwater Road, MansfieldSongs by Church Choir10/06/17 (Saturday):07.30am Morning Prayer & Holy Qurbana
followed by Rassa & Nercha Vilambu
Chief Celebrant: Rev. Fr. Zachariah Ninan
Venue: 481 Broadwater Road, Mansfield11.30am Inauguration of Decennial Celebration And Public FunctionInauguration: Rev. Fr. Zachariah Ninan
Felicitations: Priests from our sister churches
12.15pm Harvest Festival/Sunday school Children conference
Lead by Rev.Fr. Zachariah Ninan
followed by Lunch17/06/17 (Saturday):09.00am- 12.00noon Family RetreatLead by: Rev. Fr. Zachariah NinanVenue: 481 Broadwater Road, Mansfield(Lunch will be provided)18/06/17 (Sunday):06.00 pm Evening Prayer & Holy QurbanaChief Celebrant : Rev.Fr. Zachariah NinanVenue: 481 Broadwater Road, Mansfield
Asha Daniel @ 0411243148
Binod Mathew @ 0403516632
Boby Abraham Varghese @0422032827
Sheela Varghese @ 0432425206
Solomon Skaria @ 0433619705
“AS CHASTENED, YET NOT KILLED”,(2 Corinthians 6:9)
HOLY AND GREAT LENT ,COME IN PEACE.Soul or Spirit is equally important in ones Life as Body.To earn physical strength ,nothing to do in great lent rather give prime importance to eternal life.We are bound by certain rules and regulations to attain eternal life through church just like the rules and regulations there in our official or worldly life to earn or to achieve which need strain.We may have to face difficulties to achieve the goal.
Focussing the topic,as punished yet not killed: As a parent, what will be your mindset towards your children?if makes mistakes or disobey you will punish and make them clear.Still you love and value the children more than yours.God will punish as you are his children.If you are not punishing your children for the reason (any that is against God) the bible called such children by the name “illegitimate” (Hebrew 12;5-11)So” my son do not despise the chastening of the lord
nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by him;for whom the lord loves he chastens…”(proverbs 3:12f and deut.8:5).Just meditate psalm 118:18 too….’the lord has punished me severely ,but he didnot give me over to death…’
THE PRAYER GIVES THE STRENGTH TO OVERCOME THE STRAINS AND DIFFICULTIES.WORD OF GOD WILL TEACH US TO SURRENDER THE LIFE TO GOD TO FULL FILL NOT OUR WILL OR WISH RATHER ‘THE LORD’S’.